The article is about how leadership training activities and programs can help leaders to transform themselves and the organization at large.
Leaders are a source of inspiration and are capable of influencing others in multiple ways. They motivate and help teams move forward with confidence. However, here are a few questions to ponder upon:
- How can people learn to be leaders?
- Do the existing leaders need training?
What are the Leadership Training Activities?
Leadership development and training activities help to identify the potential individuals who are likely to become leaders.
Leaders at every step of their leadership journey need both soft and hard skills, depending on the challenges an organization is facing.
Mostly, new leaders may need to develop skills like conflict resolution, listening, and time management. Senior leaders need training to brush up their skills as per new trends such as Artificial Intelligent and Virtual Reality.
Why invest in Leadership Training Program or Activities?
Growth for any organization or leader should be important. If leaders are not committed to the change and personal & professional development, the organization’s growth is likely to get affected.
Organizational effectiveness is possible when leadership is strong and stable. The second most important skill of any leader is of change management. A leader should act with great confidence to gel up with the transition. This is the reason where leadership training activities play an important role in honing the existing and developing new skills in the leaders.
Gen Y (Millennials) and Gen Z are taking over the organizational developments and introducing new ways and ideas related to work and learning. This, in return, puts pressure on traditional leadership methods and the leaders as well. Here comes the need for leadership training activities to overcome the differences in thinking & working style of both.
What kind of leadership skills should an organization develop?
Every leader, irrespective of his position, needs a foundation to influence the behaviour of team members and co-workers. Let us go through some essential leadership skills a leader must possess:
- Listening: The essential leadership skill a leader must possess is to listen to others to understand their requirements. This helps leaders to build trust and harmony with their teams.
- Respect: Effective leadership involves communicating right and acting with respect and integrity. This leadership style helps to work together seamlessly instead of just giving orders.
- Passion: Passion is when a leader is dedicated to the success of the team, motivates, and understands them to always be at their best.
- Strategic thinking: Leaders should be able to step back from the daily hustle-bustle and link present goals with long-term goals and focus on the results. This will contribute to the growth of the team and organization.
- Support: A good leader must be ready to answer every query and resolve the issues any employee may face. This will increase the confidence of employees and build a strong connection between both of them.
What are leadership training activities?
Following are the productive leadership training activities:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring and coaching
- Remote training programs
- Group activities
- 360-degree assessments
Leadership training activities are crucial to change the business landscape. Organizations must find a sustainable strategy to develop new leaders and enhance the skills of the current ones. A good leadership training program is a mirror of a strong culture of learning and sharing knowledge. So, choosing the right activities will shape the overall organizational development of an organization.
We at Leadership Consulting Pvt Ltd (a BYLD Group Company) are the authorized partners of VitalSmarts US. Explore our crucial skills trainings, based on scientific research on human behavior and prove effective in bringing about real behavioral change that leads to organizational effectiveness through leadership training activities.