Companies worldwide are utilizing personal assessment tools to understand the capabilities of potential candidates. The assessment tools are used even after the culmination of the hiring process to increase teamwork and build long-lasting relationships. Psychometric assessment measures candidates' mental capabilities, intelligence, and aptitude to align their skills with the needs of the company. Today this assessment has become important for companies globally considering the possibilities of uncertainties in a business environment. With the global pandemic, remote working has become a part of the corporate culture, and therefore companies must change and become flexible. The psychometric analysis provides a situation of judgment and enables a candidate to participate in a virtual workplace where they can meet others and make decisions.
Understanding the DiSC Styles
The DiSC Assessment in India is considered one of the most crucial psychometric analysis tools available for the business world. The DiSC profile helps to understand how an individual will react to certain situations in the workplace. For instance, if a boss or colleague provides feedback to an individual, the DiSC assessment can provide a thorough understanding of how that individual will accept inputs and react accordingly. The DiSC pertains to four different personality styles:
- Dominance (D) - These people are confident and results-oriented.
- Influence (i) - The 'i' personalities are quite open and focus on making long-term relationships and motivating others.
- Steadiness (S) - These people are very dependable and emphasize cooperation and honesty in the workplace.
- Conscientiousness (C) - These personalities are all about quality and competency. They tend to put a lot of effort into getting things right and accurate.
Tips to Improve the Performance of Individual DiSC Style
The DiSC profile helps you understand the personality of others and judge which profile they pertain to. The knowledge assists in providing training and other educational endeavors to improve the personalities and working styles of employees in an organization.
- D Personality types - When giving feedback to a dominant personality, you need to be specific and ask them to create a plan of action for improvement. You need to impart knowledge of the consequences of bad performance so there is no miscommunication about the main objectives of the company. The person in this profile is generally blunt and strong-willed, so you need to teach them the value of patience and sensitivity. You also need to give them a chance to improve their analytical skills and detail orientation.
- i Personality types - These personality styles are mainly focused on the results. Therefore, you need to create a plan for improvement and state your expectations properly to them. Give them recognition and reward for good performance and provide constructive feedback. A person with this style tends to be very trusting and warm. These can be excellent qualities, but sometimes they can come off as being gullible. Therefore, individuals belonging to the i DiSC profile should improve their communication techniques and confidence.
- S Personality types - These profiles are quite dependable and cooperative. To improve their performance, help them follow an improvement plan. Similar to the I profile, you need to clarify your expectations. Have patience and appreciate their good performance. You need to give constructive feedback but be careful not to be sarcastic or rude. These profiles are usually calm and very accommodating to their colleagues. However, they must learn to adapt to changes to accomplish different tasks and improve their multitasking abilities according to the changing business environment.
- C Personality types - These profiles can be defensive about receiving feedback. Therefore, allow them time to process that feedback and formulate a plan. These profiles are not good at making quick decisions and need to work on sharing responsibilities. They also need to learn to work in teams with shared goals and improve their behaviors for the better.
The DiSC Assessment in India is considered one of the best psychometric assessment tools that can influence the growth and development of a company. This assessment raises self-awareness and reduces workplace conflicts. Further, the DiSC profile can enhance teamwork by forging positive relationships between workers. So, in this post-pandemic era, the DiSC is the right way to improve your business and ensure sustainability.